A few months ago, MX Player removed some codecs from its video engine, resulting to the incompatibility with DTS audio. If you are a person who loves this app and wants to know a way to play every video file on it, you have just landed on the right page. I am going to share how you can bring the lost DTS compatibility on your phone by installing a codec pack.
Update: You don’t need to download AC3 Codec anymore, mx player app now supports AC3 Audio by Default. You need to download mx player apk latest version in order to play ac3 audio. However, for DTS Audio you still need to download custom codec from below.
Download MX Player Custom Codec
I have broken down the process into a series of steps, which you can see below. Follow the same carefully.
- First, you have to open the app. Then, tap on the three-dots given on the right-top corner of the screen.
- Follow Settings>> Decoder from the menu that pops up. Scroll down to the bottom and check what is written under Custom Codec (most probably, you will see Neon or Tegra).
- Now we have to download the compatible codec pack. No, you don’t have to wander around the web in search for the codec. You can directly download the codec files from the links mentioned below; you will see that both zip and apk files are available, download the type which you want.
MX Player Codec Zip Files Download
MX Player Codec APK Files Download
- Step 1: If you started downloading, you might have noticed that the codec are in APK format. So, you have to install it like any other app once the download finishes. What if you don’t want to install a third-party application or you just hate sideloading apps? Well, I have an alternative method. Follow the first and second steps from the process I explained above.
- Step 2: Similar to what you saw above, we have to download the codec file. Instead of APK, we are going to download zip version. Download MX Player Codec Files (custom codec files in zip format) You will see different versions there. Choose the one that fits your player. (In case you download using computer, don’t forget to transfer the file to your mobile).
- Step 3: Now, you have to repeat step 1 and 2. Open the app, follow Settings>> Decoder, and tap on Custom Codec.
- Step 4: You will see a file selection dialogue box now. Here, the selection of appropriate codec file in zip format should be done. Browse to the location where you placed the codec.
There you go! The installation will be done instantly. Once it completes, the app will restart. Now, you can play any video without AC3 compatibility issues.
What if you don’t know the codec version you need? If you are confused between Neon and Tegra3, you can download the AIO (All in One) zipped file from the official website.
Official Play Store Links
Maybe, you are a security conscious person who installs app from Play Store only. Then, I have got links to the official Play Store pages to download the codecs.
- Download ARM v7 Neon Codec
- Download Tegra3 Codec
You can install it like any other application. Once the installation finishes, you will no longer have any issues with AC3 audio on this media plFeel app.
However, Fell free to Download MX Player for PC Windows 10/8/7/8.1. from here. Did you download the codec pack you need? If you didn’t, you will keep on getting the incompatibility issues. So, go on and download the appropriate one. In case you are unsure about what to download, opt for the all-in-one zipped file.
Are you having any issues? Don’t forget to drop a comment below. I will try to sort it out as soon as I can.