If you’re a fan of MX Player, just like me, then you must have downloaded it by now. But, are you having an issue with the audio file while streaming any video? If your answer is Yes, then here’s the reason. In the recent past, MX Player removed some custom codecs from its video engine. This results in incompatibility with DTS audio. Hence, you’re unable to get the EAC3 audio format. With MX Player AIO ZIP codecs it is easy to solve this issue. I am going to share how you can bring the lost DTS compatibility on your phone by installing EAC3 codec packages.
Update: You don’t need to download AC3 Codec anymore, MX player app now supports AC3 Audio by Default. You need to download MX Player APK-latest version in order to play ac3 audio. However, for DTS Audio you still need to download a custom codec from below.Don’t worry anymore about finding the latest and most complete IWC replica watches, bestiwc will help you.
We offer high-end replica watches in a wide range of styles. You can buy high-end replica Rolex watches of high quality at a discount.
About MX Player AIO ZIP files & Codec Packs
Codec is a must in MX Player for streaming a video to avoid codec incompatibility issues. However, due to some licensing issues, MX Player had to let go of few custom codecs. As said, due to this, users are unable to watch AC, DTS, and such supported videos.
Many people have complained they are unable to stream EAC3 supported audio. To solve this issue, you must download MX Player AIO ZIP & APK files that I shared in this post. Meanwhile, you can check how to get MX Player Pro APK for free.
How to Fix EAC3 No Support Issue?
As I was saying, many users often see an error message ‘EAC3 Audio format is not supported’ while watching their favorite videos. EAC3 format is Enhanced AC-3 format for audio. Removing custom codec from MX Player makes it difficult for AC-types files to stream. It means, no EAC3 codec file is present to support the audios. To fix this issue, the user can download the MX player custom codec zip files.
You can get direct codec files here. Below are the custom codec pack links where you will get zip and APK files.
Download MX Player Custom Codec
I have broken down the process into a series of steps, which you can see below. Follow the same carefully.
- First, you have to open the app. Then, tap on the three dots given on the right-top corner of the screen.
- Follow Settings>> Decoder from the menu that pops up. Scroll down to the bottom and check what is written under Custom Codec (most probably, you will see Neon or Tegra).
- Now we have to download the compatible codec pack. No, you don’t have to wander around the web in search of the codec. You can directly download the codec files from the links mentioned below; you will see that both zip and APK files are available, download the type which you want.
MX Player Codec Zip Files Download
Check out the installation method of the custom codec package below:
- Step 1: If you started downloading, you might have noticed that the codec is in APK format. These are direct download links for APK files. So, you have to install it like any other app once the download finishes. What if you don’t want to install a third-party application or you just hate sideloading apps? Well, I have an alternative method. Follow the first and second steps from the process I explained above.
- Step 2: Similar to what you saw above, we have to download the codec file. Instead of APK, we are going to download the zip version. Download MX Player Codec Files (custom codec files in zip format) You will see different versions there. Choose the one that fits your player. (In case you download using a computer, don’t forget to transfer the file to your mobile).
- Step 3: Now, you have to repeat steps 1 and 2. Open the app, follow Settings>> Decoder, and tap on Custom Codec.
- Step 4: You will see a file selection dialogue box now. Here, the selection of the appropriate codec files in zip format should be done. Browse to the location where you placed the codec.
There you go! The installation will be done instantly. Once it completes, the app will restart. Now, you can play any video without EAC3 codec compatibility issues.
What if you don’t know the codec version you need? If you are confused between Neon and Tegra3, you can download the AIO aka All-in-One codec pack (zipped file) mentioned above.
Official Play Store Links
Maybe, you are a security-conscious person who installs an app from Play Store only. Then, I have got links to the official Play Store pages to download the codecs.
You can install it like any other application. Once the installation finishes, you will no longer have any issues with EAC3 audio on this media player app.
However, Feel free to Download MX Player for PC Windows 10/8/7/8.1. from here. Did you download the codec pack you need? If you didn’t, you will keep on getting the incompatibility issues. So, go on and download the appropriate one. In case you are unsure about what to download, opt for the all-in-one zipped file.
The MX Player Codec allows MX Player to run on devices with ARMv7 NEON CPUs, so you own this type of device, you need the MX Player Codec.
Visit MX Player Codec to check your needed codec. Choose what you need from the list on the site and click on the download button accordingly.
After downloading the file you need from MX Player Codec open MX Player. If it is compatible with the codec pack you have downloaded, the App will automatically tell you to install the codec pack found in the folder where you downloaded the file. Just click OK. The App will restart, and the pack will be installed. You can now enjoy audio to every video, without any glitch.
EAC3 codec is Enhanced AC-3 format. It is an advanced AC-3 format for audio and video playing in the MX Player app. Users can enjoy high-quality video files without any sound error.
MX Player has some of the coolest features. If you are an Android device user, then you must have had MX Player as your default media player. If you have any issue with downloading the codec package zip files or APK files, don’t forget to drop a comment below. I will try to sort it out as soon as I can.